Saturday, May 14, 2011

No more travel-sickness thanks to Yoga Asana

This is something that made my life so much easier and therefore I want to share it with you. For years I was heavily suffering from travel-sickness, no sitting on the back seat in cars, bumpy plane landings were my personal nightmare, boats: outch. – you see what I mean.
Then I started doing a set of 5 yoga exercises called the Five Tibetans for their supposed general health benefits. And it’s the first exercise that rocks from a travel-sickness point of view as I found out. Just stand looking forward, spread your arms in a 90° angle to your body and then – start turning clockwise, round after round. One trick at the beginning is not to look straight forward but at your middle right finger. If you look forward then choose a point which you aim at in each round, kinda like ballet dancers doing their pirouettes.
Sounds easy, the first attempt will make you feel like on a small boat in a stormy ocean after 3 turns probably… at least it made me feel that way. The trick is to continue, something happens to your body that you’ll get used to it after a while. It took me maybe a month of two of daily practice to get to the recommended 21 turns – this is when you’ll be cured! It’s so so worth the effort. Since my cure I can read a book on the backseat of a car and feel perfectly good. Wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment